Pages

October 14, 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - SUMUKH NAIK

We recently interviewed published author Sumukh Naik

Short Bio :

Sumukh Naik is a Hotel Management graduate(BSc. Hospitality and hotel Administration) from IHM-Goa. He also holds Diploma in IATAand PGDBA. He is Human Resources Professional and stays in Mumbai.

So, here goes :



-How did this book happen and why did you choose to write about it?

Sumukh :  There are many factors that have helped in realization and materialization of this book. But, one of the most important factors can easily described by the old adage

‘The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.’
-         William Ross Wallace

The book, aims at introducing noble concepts in the society and also to highlight the role of a woman, in building a society / civilisation. A woman holds the key, for the successful survival of a civilisation, but at times, they themselves neglect their potential. I want to bring to their attention this aspect, which has helped our ancient civilisation to survive and educate others around the world.

The book will enable you to look at the world from a different perspective, enrich you and at the same time keep you entertained!!




Book Summary:

It is the journey of Prince William and Princess Sara, the protagonists,through the magical and spiritual worlds of Pantolis, Hiblisk, and Ikra.As their voyage unfolds, they realize the true motive behind the terror employed by the dark forces of Dushtt to claim supremacy over the lands of Pantolis and beyond. Every new revelation brings to light the methodical madness employed by the dark forces and secrets of Mother Nature, which have been safely guarded for ages by the various civilizations of the secret worlds.
Their journey also introduces them to the divine forces that monitor thefunctions of the world and gives them access to legendary, mystical weapons and advanced spiritual knowledge which illuminates the flow of their understanding and actions towards various aspects of life. They use the knowledge gained, to try and bring peace, to their war ravaged lands and fight the ever growing might and influence of the mysterious dark forces that haunt their kingdoms. Will the light of all that is divine, fighting under the banner of Prince William and Princess Sara, flicker away into oblivion against the might of the dark forces under Dushtt, or will they survive?Only time in her womb holds the answer, potent enough to change the outlook of the very world we live in.



-When did you take to writing?

Sumukh :  I started writing the book in 2008. I started maintaining blog from May 2011.


-Where do you usually write? What is your favourite setting to write in?

Sumukh : I write at my desk at my home. I like to write when it rains and in complete silence.


-Did this story come to you easily or did you find yourself stuck with a writer’s block sometimes?

Sumukh : I believe the story came easily. I feel it is up to each individual, on how much attention one needs to give to writer’s block. But, then, let me attempt to offer a solution.

One can always seek inspiration in the immortal words of Martin Luther King Jr. :

“If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
I feel writing, no doubt, is an art, but an art wherein you have to be flexible enough to forgive yourself for writing badly. There will be times when going would get tough but then, in such cases, the most important aspect to do would be to try and develop the story, work on the story and not give into any excuses which might prevent you from writing.
Write a single line, or a paragraph. You always have the cushion of coming back to the words written and editing them. Use this cushion, but always remember to keep moving forward.

-Tell us about your life online and the sites you maintain

My Book site                                  : www.facebook.com/AgeOfHiblisk

My Blog site                                   : www.storieswithasoul.wordpress.com

My Twitter handle                      : www.twitter.com/SumukhNaik

My Email address                       : storieswithasoul@gmail.com

My Book & Author Profile        : www.goodreads.com

I invite you all, to the above mentioned online portals, to learn more about my book and my work.

You can also email me with any feedback, suggestions or discuss any aspect pertaining to my book and my work through the above mentioned details.


-What are your thoughts on life – The one thing that it takes to live it?

Sumukh : Life is a gift, a privilege.  Love and compassion are few among the many virtues that can help you live it.

I would like to share two beautiful quotes which can more aptly summarize the wisdom to know some aspects about life:

“Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.”
                                                                                                -Swami Vivekananda

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born, and the day you find out why”
-         Mark Twain


-How has your experience been so far in the literary world? Any highs or lows being a part of this space that you would like to share -here?

Sumukh :  It has just been a month and the reviews are yet to start pouring in, but the initial response has been positive overall. I was very happy when I my request to keep a few copies in my college library, was accepted by my college, IHM- Goa.


-Tell us something about your work & hobbies?

Sumukh :  I work as a Human Resources professional and my hobbies include reading, watching movies and listening to Marathi classical and western music. Few of my favourite artists include Pt. Bhimsen Joshi, Rahul Deshpande, Bon Jovi, Jason Mraz.


-So how did it feel when you finally finished writing the book?

Sumukh :  It felt nice.

-Top 3 All-time favourite books.

Sumukh :

Mrityunjaya – Shivaji Sawant

Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Novels and Stories I – II – Sir Arthur Conyan Doyle

The Code of the Woosters – P.G.Wodehouse

Besides, novels I also like to read Tinkle and Chandamama comics. They not only entertain but at the same play an important role in educating us.



No comments:

Post a Comment